Receiving an email notifying you of a canceled order means that either:
- your shares were not sold during the auction or
- your offer to buy shares during the auction did not take place.
If you put in an offer to sell, and you got a cancellation email, it means that one of the following occurred:
- The price that you wanted to sell your shares at was too high, and above the final auction price.
- There were not enough buyers to complete your desired sale within the auction price. Shares are distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
As a result, your shares would have then been returned to your property portfolio.
If you put in a bid to buy more shares and got a cancellation email, it means one of the following happened:
- The price that you wanted to buy more shares at was lower than the auction price.
- There were not enough sellers of shares to complete your bid to buy more shares at the auction price. Shares are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis in this scenario as well.
That means then that the money that was reserved would have been returned to your EasyProperties wallet